Quote of the Week - Week of August 23rd By LindseyZ (September 2, 2020, 4:15 am)
Wynonna Earp, Lovecraft Country, United We Fall, Yellowstone, Ted Lasso, Star Trek: Lower Decks
A weekly feature highlighting the best quotes on TV as picked by the Spoiler TV team. We'd love to hear your picks too so please sound off in the comments below.
Lovecraft Country -
1. Samuel: "Do not mistake useful with indispensable."
2. Tic: "So that's why you brought me here. To help a father who clearly doesn't give two shits about you. After all, it's not called the Daughters of Adam, is it?" Christina: "The things they've done... it's unforgivable. We still come running when they need help. It's pathetic. And we call it family to make it seem okay." 3. Christina: "I could never earn one of these. No matter how hard I tried. And you get one for doing nothing other than being born a man." Tic: "Not even a white man at that." Christina: "What I know is, our destinies are not decided by our fathers or grandfathers or in your case great-great-great-great grandfather. The smallest most inconsequential thing can take you on a new course. You just have to see it, and seize it." (Folie-lex)
Star Trek: Lower Decks -
1. Tendi: "Some people who master the art of alien meditation can achieve inner peace. Then they transcend the physical realm and become a being of pure energy. Isn't that cool? Rutherford: "Oh, like a Q or a the Traveler?" Tendi: "No! It's more like studying so much for a test that you literally become the test. You become everything."
2. Shaxs: "I've killed better men for less!" Billups: "No you haven't." Shaxs: "Well, I've threatened to kill better men for about the same."
3. Mariner: "Oh, my God! Will you just stop! I am good at this. Just trust me!" Cpt.Freeman: "Uh! I'm just looking out for you." Mariner: "Yeah that's the whole problem, Mom. You treat me like a child." Captain Freeman: "Well if you would stop acting like a child and more like a mature crew member, then I would treat you accordingly." Mariner: "Oh, you think I'm immature? You're the one trying to trick me into quitting. How is that mature...? Yeah, that's what I thought, Carol." Captain Freeman: "You did not just call me 'Carol'." Mariner: "Whatever, Carol." (Folie-lex)
Ted Lasso -
1. Keeley: "And Jamie, thank you. Whenever I break up with someone I spend months questioning it, wondering if I made a huge fucking mistake. But you've really helped me to feel good about this decision, just by... being you." Jamie: "You're welcome." Keeley: "What?" Jamie: "You said I made you feel good about your decision." Keeley: "Yeah." Jamie: "Did you mean it?" Keeley: "Yes." Jamie: "Well, then you're welcome."
2. Keeley: "I don't want you to offer me a job just 'cause I was nice to you in the loo the other night." Rebecca: "Why not? Men give each other jobs in toilets all the time." Keeley: "Yeah, they do." Rebecca: "I meant employment. Like job-jobs." Keeley: "So not hand, or blow, or foot?" Rebecca: "Foot?" Keeley: "Oh!, You're right. Technically it would be... feet right?" Rebecca: "Just give it a thought. Unless you want to carry on doing... what is it you do again?" Keeley: "I'm sort of famous for being almost famous." Rebecca: "Excellent. Maybe think of it as a plan B." 3. Roy: "You alright, Sam?" Sam: "Honestly, it doesn't even hurt anymore. But everyone was making such a fuss, I thought I should just stay down." Roy: "No! Listen. I'm gonna pull you up, you're gonna pretend to limb very badly, and you're gonna gesture like you think you can bravely go on. They'll love it." Sam: "Oo.. okay." Announcer: "Obisanya is on his feet, but can he continue?" Ted: "Is he okay?" Announcer: "Looks like he'll play through the pain. Such determination. You love to see." Ted: "Atta boy Sam!" 4. Ted: "Michelle if there is something I could do or something I could say that would make you be happy just being with me, I'd do it. I'd do it in a nanosecond, but I ain't got no control over any of that. You don't have to keep trying anymore. It's okay. I'm gonna be okay... Shoot. I promised myself I would never quit anything in my life." Michelle: "But you're not quitting, Ted. You're just letting me go." (Folie-lex)
United We Fall -
1. Emily: "What's 'eloped'?" Sandy: "It's something criminals do to hurt their parents' feelings."
2. Jo: "If we're snowed in..." Bill: "Then they are too. Oh, hold on a second, this is great! I mean we get all the credit for inviting our families without actually seeing them." Jo: "Yes!" 3. Jo [reading vows]: "Bill, I promise to cherish every single moment." Bill [reading vows]: "Jo, I pledge you everlasting patience." [both laugh] Jo: "What childless idiots wrote these?" Bill: "We knew nothing." Jo: "Should we just hit the big stuff?" Bill: "Okay, deal." Jo: "Bill, I promise to love you with my whole heart. When you laugh I will laugh with you. And when you cry I will laugh at you." Bill: "Jo, I promise to always be by your side, until you turn to me and say 'That's enough'. Then... then I will leave." (Folie-lex)
Wynonna Earp -
1. Nicole: "I need booze." Nedley: "You look like you need an ambulance." Jeremy: "Whatever’s wrong with her, it can’t be fixed with modern medicine." Nedley: "Have you tried chicken soup and a 'One Day at a Time' marathon?" Nicole: "Tequila. I got to get the taste of frogs out of my mouth." Nedley: "Did you say frogs?" Jeremy: "Oh boy, did she ever."
2. Nicole: "Want me to frog barf on them for you?" 3. Wynonna: "What up, Kermit?!" (Donna Cromeans)
1. Kayce: "I like having somebody to fight for, rather than some thing. When you fight for a thing, the thing doesn't care if you win or lose, because the thing ain't alive. But when you fight for people, they care." Monica: "Yeah, that's what I like about it too. But I think a thing can care. I think the land cares." Kayce: "I know you do baby. That's what I love about you."
2. Angela: "I wish I could go back in time, and tell our people to sell every weapon they have, every horse. Then take that money and go to new York and hire the biggest law firm in the city. If I could do that, we wouldn't be standing here. We'd be standing at the gate of Yellowstone and still calling it home." Rainwater: "We'll stand there again." Angela: "Not with you we won't. There is no such thing as morality. There's own the land and there's lose the land. That's all you'll be judged by. Not how you do it. Winners are never judged by 'how'. They save that for the losers." 3. Beth: "We don't get to do that anymore." Rip: "What's that?" Beth: "Secrets. We don't get those." Rip: "There's things I do, and then there's things that got to get done. You don't wanna to know them. It's not a secret, darling. It's a favour." 4. Lynelle: "Well one day, he'll see. He's gonna know that you did this for him." Jamie: "No, I didn't. Not anymore. From now on, what I do, is for me." (Folie-lex)