2020 Character Cup - Round 1C By Dahne1 (July 15, 2020, 7:17 am)
While not quite the blowout of Round 1A, Round 1B didn't have any close polls either. It looks like the first round will take out many of our first time characters. Interesting because we had more new characters get into the Cup this year than any other year. At 29 new characters, almost half are new. Over in the prediction contest, congrats to Nick, who has only missed 2 polls so far.
Proceeding to round 2 so far are Scylla Ramshorn, Caitlin Snow, Colleen Wing, Fallon Carrington, Lena Luthor, Elizabeth Jennings, Sara Lance, Angela Abar, Sam Winchester, Raymond Holt, Seeley Booth, Nicole Haught, Oliver Queen, John Reese, and Leo Fitz. Here's hoping for some great polls today. Three of my favorite characters are in this bracket so my wish list might be a bloodbath. Don't forget to pass the word and happy voting!
To ensure that everybody has a good time, please read the rules below. It is important that everyone be kind and fair to make this the most fun for everyone. There are also links below to the list of character rankings/stats, character videos, and the prediction contest leaderboard. The daily TV Talk Topic will be found above the polls each time. We have a new TV Talk Topic every day and all are encouraged to participate. It's my favorite part of the contest. I’ve also added the bracket results below the polls.
For those of you with underdog characters, get the word out now because the round 1 is where the biggest change can happen. Generally there are fewer votes in round 1, so it is far easier for an upset. Good luck to all and happy voting!
Round will end at approximately 6:30 pm CST on Wednesday, July 15.
Character Cup Rules:
1. Don't take it too seriously! Have fun. Discuss. Play nice.
2. Cheaters suck! - Only one vote per person per poll please. While we will do our best to keep this contest running smoothly, it's up to each person to follow the rules. This contest is just a fun little piece of internet fluff during hiatus. It won't get anyone's show renewed or un-cancelled. It has zero effect on ratings. It won't even be seen by anyone who has any power in the TV industry, so there is zero reason to cheat. All cheaters do is disrespect themselves, their fandom, their show, the actors, and this community. Just don't.
3. Focus on characters, not people. Talking about what you like and dislike about a character is encouraged. Going after actors or fans is not.
4. The aliens have not landed. There's no conspiracy here. I will do my very best to keep the contest running smoothly, but I do make mistakes. I apologize in advance for any technical difficulties, spelling errors, and general absentmindedness. Let me know and I'll fix it.
5. Comments are life. As you anxiously await the return of your shows, why not distract yourself with a little TV Talk? Each day is a new topic so even if your favorites are out, you can still discuss. Last year, the consensus was to narrow the focus of the topics but feel free to go off on any tangent you want. While this contest is just a silly little distraction, the conversation here dives deep, so jump on in.
6. Nuts and Bolts - All polls are active for about 24 hours. The winners advance to the next round. In the case of a tie, both characters go to the next round. New polls should go up every day and polls may sometimes overlap each other. Any questions? Ask away in the comments.
TV Talk Topic:
TV Talk Topic: Promotion Time - If you could pick a minor or secondary character on a currently airing/renewed TV show to promote to a series regular, who would you pick and why? (Thanks to Ellys Cartin for the topic idea.)